Thursday 19 June 2014

Song Pleads For Forgiveness After Receiving RedCard

      Song Pleads For Forgiveness After Receiving Red Card
Cameroon midfielder Alexandre Song has begged for forgiveness after he picked up a silly red card in the 4-0 defeat against Croatia in the on-going 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The Barcelona player elbowed Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic in the 40th minute and was shown a
straight red card by the referee at a time the Indomitable Lions were chasing the game after Olic had put the Europeans 1-0 up. Cameroon went on to lose the game 4-0 and became the first African country to be knocked out of the Brazil 2014 World Cup. The Africans lost their first game 1-0 to Mexico in their first Group A game and will now face Brazil in their final group game on Monday.
“I feel I have let my country and myself down. It was a stupid moment and I’m truly sorry. If I could do anything to take it back I would. Please forgive me,” he told reporters after the game against Croatia.
The Indomitable Lion’s best World Cup performance was at the Italian 90’ where they got to the quarter- finals of the competition with great players like Roger Milla, Joseph-Antoine Bell, and Omam Biyik in their squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...