Sunday 20 July 2014

Nollywood Actor Antar Laniyan Reveals Why He Was Named After An Animal

                       
Veteran actor and seasoned movie director, Antar Laniyan reveals the reason why he was named
after an animal.
 
He said:

How did you come about the name Antar Laniyan ?

I know the name Laniyan is not a special one but Antar is peculiar. Some years back, a pregnant woman had a rival who wanted to marry her husband at all cost. This rival went diabolical to make sure the pregnant woman, my mother, did not give birth to me. And after staying 18months in my mother’s womb, they made some findings and it was revealed that my mother had to beg this rival for
me to come to life. Getting to my mother’s rival, she said they had to look for a goanna. Goanna is an animal called Aworinwo in Yoruba language but typical Yorubascall Goanna ‘Antar’. So, they used the Antar or goanna to make concoction for my mother. After some hours, I came to life and my mother decided to name me ‘Antar’ after the animal.

What was your father’s reaction to you being named after an animal ?

My father loved the name. After all, my mother didn’t know he was loved by another woman and
the woman could come out to say she was the cause of my mother’s trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...