Saturday 5 July 2014

'I Don't Go To Church Because They Pray For Two To Three Hours Non-Stop' -Charley Boy Speaks

In his chat with Vanguard, he gave his reason for appearing like Speaking to Vanguard, he gave his reason and also why he cut short some politicians from giving long tributes 

First of all, I am not a church goer. I am a Buddhist, though I was born into the Catholic doctrine. And part of my reason for not going to church is the fact that I have been to a lot of churches. For the first 20 years of my life, I was a mass servant. I was an ‘altar boy’ because my father was a disciplinarian. If you don’t go to morning mass, you are bound to be in trouble. 

I did all that for 20 years, and that’s the kind of background I was coming from. But things have changed regarding the mode of worship in most churches. They spend more time than necessary. Why should we be praying for two to three hours non-stop? I have other things to do. At the funeral service, I was told that Mr. President’s representatives and other dignitaries have arrived my home town.
Unfortunately, one of my legs was paining me, and that was why, if you were in church that day, I was sitting down throughout. People didn’t understand why I was sitting down. I couldn’t stand up for too long. Now, we have spent about two to three hours in the church. We couldn’t afford to give all the politicians that attended the funeral rites the opportunity to pay tribute to my late father. I felt the only person who should deliver a speech was Mr. President’s representative.

At that point, I was so stressed and tired. All I wanted was to commit my father’s remains into the mother earth. So, I insisted, as the eldest son of Justice Oputa, I decide how things were going to be done. At that point, I said please, no more talk, it’s too much, let one person speak so we can go and finish the business. That was what happened but you know people will misinterpret it. That is their
business, not mine he did to his father's burial and also why he cut short some politicians from giving long tributes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...