Monday 9 June 2014

Why I Got Nak£d In Wanted Video - TiwaSavage Finally Speaks: SEE The Nasty Reason She Gave.

Nigerian pop star Tiwa Savage sparked controversy after releasing a raunchy music video for her new track ‘Wanted’.
The Eminado hitmaker turns up the heat in the
music video, by London-based director Moe Musa, and can be seen twerking and dancing seductively while caressing her body.
The 34 year-old married star has been called all sorts of names after she released the racy video.
But when she was named female artist of the year at Saturday’s MTV Africa Music Awards, in South Africa, she made a point of bringing out the one person who has supported her even when the video for Wanted (and Love Me, Love Me) attracted the disapproval of TV broadcasters and parents – her husband, Tunji Balogun.
Speaking to The Times about the backlash against her and why she decided to go semi-nude, she said:
“[Being sexual] is something we’re comfortable with behind closed doors but very uncomfortable with in public. But, fortunately, as artists we have the platform to do things that a lot of people might not be able to do. I felt like I was at a stage in my life at which I was very comfortable in my skin.
Now I'm totally convinced this woman has lost it. Continue to read more...

“I’d worked on my body and I wanted to do a
video that was pushing the envelope – that would have people talking and open up a conversation.”
Savage said her video was clearly rated for people over 18.
“I feel that while being a role model I also need to explore my life as a woman and target the adult market.
“There are a lot of people who love the video and are inspired. You learn you can’t please everyone, so you do what feels right at the time.”
She said she wasn’t surprised that some
broadcasters had censored the video.
“A lot of times you look at an artist and you think what they do on stage is their lifestyle, but just because we portray a certain thing on stage doesn’t mean when we get off the stage we sleep with every guy we see,” she said.
“It’s just a persona. I don’t think anyone can look at my life and see any scandal.
“That’s what parents should be teaching their
children. Whether Tiwa Savage does it or not, they will have access to certain things that are bad, so we need to teach them how to decide between good and bad.”
Savage was recently the subject of an open letter by a Nigerian housewife, who advised her “not to give in to the pressure of the ‘sex sells’ attitude in the music industry”, and not to “add to the factors contributing to societal decadence”, and even “I didn’t want to say this, but a husband who truly loves you is supposed to protect his wares and not make you do whatever to stay in the public eye”. This 'woman' had better use her brains I hope she has one anyways. Some things are better in private.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...